Getting My EarTubes Removed

Previously I've blogged about Big Lake Youth Camp which was my second favorite thing this summer.  Tomorrow I am getting my ear tubes removed, which will probably be my least favorite thing...and this is what I expect:  


First, the doctor is going to put me to sleep with anesthesia. Next, somehow the doctor is going to take out the ear tube. Finally, the doctor is gonna take some skin from under the ear and patch the ear drum and then the doctor is gonna put a band aid where he took the skin.  

I'm worried I might wake up in the middle of the surgery. However, my mom told me there's no possible way I could wake up while they're operating because the anesthesia will completely "knock me out" and the surgery is only a few minutes long.  She also told me I would probably have an IV and that had me worried, too.  But I know that they will give me medicine and I probably won't feel or remember getting the IV.  

I feel a little bit better after my mom answered my questions about the surgery.  Now I know what to expect.  Please say a prayer for me!  

Comments

  1. Love the blog post! I'm sure the whole thing will be fine. I'll say a prayer for you. 🙏🏻

    ReplyDelete
  2. IV's don't hurt. They sting a little bit for a second. That's all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was asleep when I got it, so yeah, it didn't hurt.

      Delete
    2. I was asleep when I got it, so yeah, it didn't hurt.

      Delete

Post a Comment